Sunday, November 29, 2009

number and label

you weren't a challenge nor even a playful game for me. you went down all too easily never suspecting to lose my respect.

the scorpion stings both silent and deadly. but you were playing a different game and became pinned to the ground all to quickly. there was no hope for your success, nor any sign of chance for my satisfaction. i thought you were a book to be read(!) but were no more than a critic's summarization. it took me too long to realize i had already killed you before i had met you. (edited version: it took me too long to realize i had already gotten you before.) there was no challenge here. there was no chance for growth. only death.

and that wasn't enough. so i broomed you fast and sighed at having to open the janitor's closet again.

///


its easier to hide behind a mask of

3 comments:

Emily Behrens said...

hey don't you know that it's the fool who plays it cool by making his world a little colder?
I <3 the Beatles.
and I <3 you.

Deadpool said...

i find it amusing you comment today, for today the 8th is the girl i wrote about in this posts's birthday.

while over it i am, i still find myself disgusted by what i call a failure on my part. but in truth, i know that even if we were still together by some proper caution and wisdom on my part, i wouldn't be happy because she was loaded with problems and a liar.


i miss you. i need you in my daily life.

Emily said...

That is funny because I read this days ago, and just decided to revisit and post later.

Hmmm. I second the idea of daily contact. Here, here!...I am confident that it will come to be, eventually (but sadly, not too soon).